update murrine engine?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

update murrine engine?

Postby dante19992 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:06 pm

my favorite gtk2 theme requires murrine engine >= 0.98 but i cant find it. anyone know where i can get it? i have LMDE 64bit which comes with murrine 0.90.3 and doesnt seem to wanna update it. i know its on hadrets ppa but i cant get the gpg key its being a jerk
Carpe Diem - Seize the Day.
Life keeps on living and I'm living with it. I wont get left behind in the dust will you?

dante19992
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: update murrine engine?

Postby dawgdoc on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:00 pm

I found this
Yeah, 0.98 is packaged, just not uploaded. There's not much point in
uploading it now, at freeze time.

> Just about all of the interesting murrine themes I've found for XFCE
> or gnome have required at least 0.98.x , so I really think people
> would benefit quite a bit from a new version.

here: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=600825
Since Squeeze goes stable today/tomorrow depending on your time zone, if it is in unstable or experimental it may be moving up relatively soon. I will see if I can find it in experimental and report back.

Another option would be compiling from source: http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/gnome. ... rine/0.98/

SYSTEM: Compaq Presario CQ62 Dual-Boot: Mint 13 Gnome x32 PAE, LMDE
READING: The Autobiography of Benvenuto Cellini
dawgdoc
Level 9
Level 9

Postby dante19992 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:08 pm

i cant compile. everytime i ask someone says i dont really need to kno and then no one replies. also what time and date and timezone is debian squeeze set to be released?
Life keeps on living and I'm living with it. I wont get left behind in the dust will you?

dante19992
Level 5
Level 5

Postby dawgdoc on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Checking at the debian package search site: http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_packages
I see that Sid (unstable) had murrine 0.90.3-2 in alpha in the i386 and amd64 architectures
In experimental there is 0.98.1.1-1: alpha for the same two architectures.

There is no testing repository at the moment, Squeeze just went stable and no packages have graduated into testing yet.

SYSTEM: Compaq Presario CQ62 Dual-Boot: Mint 13 Gnome x32 PAE, LMDE
READING: The Autobiography of Benvenuto Cellini
dawgdoc
Level 9
Level 9

Postby dante19992 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:23 pm

so itll probly be in the next few days then. in a massive (and terrifying) rush of updates that will likely doom us all to a painful digital death MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (overly dramatic much?)

EDIT: sorry about the wierdness its late i just drank enough redubul to KILL a red bull.

dante19992
Level 5
Level 5

Postby TheGreatSudoku on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:29 pm

I'm running LMDE64, but using sid repositories (I'm impatient, testing takes too long).

My work-around was to download gtk2-engines-murrine_0.98.1.1-2_amd64.deb from the packages.debian.org website and install it manually. Once I installed the gtk2-engines package, murrine-themes updated normally through apt/synaptic. I'm guessing this shouldn't break any functionality for future mint-artwork-debian updates (not sure how version specific the dependency is).

Not that it matters much as I'm not currently using a murrine theme, but nice to know I have the option to down the road.
↯Acer Aspire 7730 17" laptop ↝ Intel Core Duo 2.00Ghz x2  4gig DDR2 RAM ⤗ Intel Mobile 4 Graphics ➫ Kernel: 3.2.0-14-liquorix ZEN SMP PREEMPT x86_64  Linux Mint Debian Edition using Sid Repositories ⇨ KDE 4.7.4 ⟿ Installed: 11/23/2010↯
TheGreatSudoku
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions