Malfromed release file error when updating LMDE

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Malfromed release file error when updating LMDE

Postby kmb42vt on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:03 pm

I got this error when running "apt-get update" this morning:

Code: Select all
Failed to fetch http://www.debian-multimedia.org/dists/testing/Release  Unable to find expected entry  main/binary-amd64/Packages in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)
Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Anyone else seeing this?
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Malfromed release file error when updating LMDE

Postby malligt on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:18 pm

My understanding is that debian is updating its packages(hopefully vlc :D ), and to just simply be patient and wait a couple days.
malligt
Level 4
Level 4

Postby zerozero on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:31 pm

I got that error in the morning aswell (the repo should be down atm). Now is up again.
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16

Postby kmb42vt on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Good enough, thanks guys. Just checking to make sure I'm not the only one. Never can be too sure in the world of Debian testing even if it is a Mintified version. :D
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions