gdmsetup not working

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

gdmsetup not working

Postby nitrofurano on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:00 pm

I installed Linux Mint (Debian) 201012 (the 201101 live-cd didn't work) on a Macbook 2,1
After installing, i didn't have the login automatically for the default account i created (named 'guest')
So i tried to choose 'Login Window' from system:administration, as well i tried to run it from the terminal, with 'sudo gdmsetup'
The problem is i can't edit its dialog for change anything there - everything appears as grey.
From terminal i have:

macbook_mint1 guest # sudo gdmsetup
** (gdmsetup:2404): DEBUG: init delay=30
** (gdmsetup:2404): DEBUG: GdmUserManager: scheduling a passwd file update
** (gdmsetup:2404): DEBUG: Failed to identify the current session: Unable to lookup session information for process '2404'
** (gdmsetup:2404): DEBUG: GdmUserManager: reloading passwd file worker
** (gdmsetup:2404): DEBUG: GdmUserManager: include_all is FALSE
** (gdmsetup:2404): DEBUG: GdmUserManager: done reloading passwd file
** (gdmsetup:2404): DEBUG: init user='' auto=False

What can i do to fix it, or which config file can i edit with Gedit, Nano, or any txt editor alike, for enabling the 'Log in as guest automatically'?
Thanks in advance
nitrofurano
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: gdmsetup not working

Postby proxima_centauri on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:11 pm

I'm not sure, but I've moved this to the Editions ‹ LMDE (Linux Mint Debian) subforum in case someone has a better idea.
proxima_centauri
Level 11
Level 11

Return to Newbie Questions