[solved]how to turn off auto-logic

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

[solved]how to turn off auto-logic

Postby zhanshime on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:15 pm

when i open the synaptic,i choose "remember the password",but i think its un-safe,so how can i turn off it?
Screenshot-无标题窗口.jpg
Screenshot-无标题窗口.jpg (27.43 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
Last edited by zhanshime on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
黛玉道:“宝姐姐和你好你怎么样?宝姐姐不和你好你怎么样?宝姐姐前儿和你好,如今不和你好你怎么样?今儿和你好,后来不和你好你怎么样?你和他好他偏不和你好你怎么样?你不和他好他偏要和你好你怎么样?”
宝玉呆了半晌,忽然大笑道:“任凭弱水三千,我只取一瓢饮。”
zhanshime
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: how to turn off auto-logic

Postby zhanshime on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:33 pm

anyone who can help me?- -!
黛玉道:“宝姐姐和你好你怎么样?宝姐姐不和你好你怎么样?宝姐姐前儿和你好,如今不和你好你怎么样?今儿和你好,后来不和你好你怎么样?你和他好他偏不和你好你怎么样?你不和他好他偏要和你好你怎么样?”
zhanshime
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Habitual on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:19 am

Well, it's just a guess here, but there IS only 1 checkmark box on that graphic, can you unselect it, or give us a literal translation of that graphic's text in English please?
What's a landing but a take off in reverse?
Habitual
Level 8
Level 8

Postby zhanshime on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:16 am

it says,you have saved the root password so that you needn't input the root password for the root needed software
can you know what i mean? lol :mrgreen:
zhanshime
Level 1
Level 1

Postby stz*j on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:35 am

I understand :D But that's cause I know chinese, your translation isn't so bad though.

Anyways, I think you can unset that password by:
mintmenu --> type key --> "password and encryption keys"

And find the appropriate key or password that is probably labelled synaptic in your case. Glad you know how important security is :lol: Haven't tested it myself, so tell me if it doesn't work.
LMDE (Release 1), tracking debian testing, Kernel 3.14.1-686-pae i686 (32 bit), MATE & Enlightenment;
Plays (and rescues system) with experimental and sid repos on another partition with Cinnamon & Gnome3, if grub boots nice that is.
stz*j
Level 2
Level 2

Postby zhanshime on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:10 am

stz*j wrote:I understand :D But that's cause I know chinese, your translation isn't so bad though.

Anyways, I think you can unset that password by:
mintmenu --> type key --> "password and encryption keys"

And find the appropriate key or password that is probably labelled synaptic in your case. Glad you know how important security is :lol: Haven't tested it myself, so tell me if it doesn't work.

it's amazing,i found it's reset when i logout, so may be it's my mistake... - -!
zhanshime
Level 1
Level 1

Postby stz*j on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:53 am

Hmm, maybe you just used "save for this session". Haha, nvm.

Put a [Solved] in your topic in that case ;)
LMDE (Release 1), tracking debian testing, Kernel 3.14.1-686-pae i686 (32 bit), MATE & Enlightenment;
Plays (and rescues system) with experimental and sid repos on another partition with Cinnamon & Gnome3, if grub boots nice that is.
stz*j
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions