[solved]how to turn off auto-logic

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[solved]how to turn off auto-logic

Postby zhanshime on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:15 pm

when i open the synaptic,i choose "remember the password",but i think its un-safe,so how can i turn off it?
Screenshot-无标题窗口.jpg
Screenshot-无标题窗口.jpg (27.43 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
Last edited by zhanshime on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
黛玉道:“宝姐姐和你好你怎么样?宝姐姐不和你好你怎么样?宝姐姐前儿和你好,如今不和你好你怎么样?今儿和你好,后来不和你好你怎么样?你和他好他偏不和你好你怎么样?你不和他好他偏要和你好你怎么样?”
宝玉呆了半晌,忽然大笑道:“任凭弱水三千,我只取一瓢饮。”
zhanshime
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: how to turn off auto-logic

Postby zhanshime on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:33 pm

anyone who can help me?- -!
黛玉道:“宝姐姐和你好你怎么样?宝姐姐不和你好你怎么样?宝姐姐前儿和你好,如今不和你好你怎么样?今儿和你好,后来不和你好你怎么样?你和他好他偏不和你好你怎么样?你不和他好他偏要和你好你怎么样?”
zhanshime
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Habitual on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:19 am

Well, it's just a guess here, but there IS only 1 checkmark box on that graphic, can you unselect it, or give us a literal translation of that graphic's text in English please?
What's a landing but a take off in reverse?
My DorkBlog
Habitual
Level 7
Level 7

Postby zhanshime on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:16 am

it says,you have saved the root password so that you needn't input the root password for the root needed software
can you know what i mean? lol :mrgreen:
zhanshime
Level 1
Level 1

Postby stz*j on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:35 am

I understand :D But that's cause I know chinese, your translation isn't so bad though.

Anyways, I think you can unset that password by:
mintmenu --> type key --> "password and encryption keys"

And find the appropriate key or password that is probably labelled synaptic in your case. Glad you know how important security is :lol: Haven't tested it myself, so tell me if it doesn't work.
LMDE (Release 1), tracking debian testing, Kernel 3.1.0-1-686-pae i686 (32 bit), MATE, Cinnamon & Gnome3
Plays (and rescues system) with experimental and sid repos on another partition, if grub boots nice that is.
stz*j
Level 2
Level 2

Postby zhanshime on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:10 am

stz*j wrote:I understand :D But that's cause I know chinese, your translation isn't so bad though.

Anyways, I think you can unset that password by:
mintmenu --> type key --> "password and encryption keys"

And find the appropriate key or password that is probably labelled synaptic in your case. Glad you know how important security is :lol: Haven't tested it myself, so tell me if it doesn't work.

it's amazing,i found it's reset when i logout, so may be it's my mistake... - -!
zhanshime
Level 1
Level 1

Postby stz*j on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:53 am

Hmm, maybe you just used "save for this session". Haha, nvm.

Put a [Solved] in your topic in that case ;)
LMDE (Release 1), tracking debian testing, Kernel 3.1.0-1-686-pae i686 (32 bit), MATE, Cinnamon & Gnome3
Plays (and rescues system) with experimental and sid repos on another partition, if grub boots nice that is.
stz*j
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions