What is all this ?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

What is all this ?

Postby grey1960envoy on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:02 pm

I am running LMDE on a Dell Inspiron 1525 with an Intel Centrino processor and am curious why I cannot seem to get conpiz to run at start up . The following is what I get when I type in the terminal however compiz does start running . Thanks for helping me curb my curiosity but I figured I'd give it a try since my wife's laptop runs Mint 9 and it works perfectly there(an eMachines E625 :)
Code: Select all
]compiz
Backend     : gconf
Integration : true
Profile     : default
Adding plugins
Initializing core options...done
Initializing move options...done
Initializing resize options...done
Initializing place options...done
Initializing decoration options...done
WARNING: Application calling GLX 1.3 function "glXCreatePixmap" when GLX 1.3 is not supported!  This is an application bug!
Initializing gnomecompat options...done
Initializing wobbly options...done
WARNING: Application calling GLX 1.3 function "glXDestroyPixmap" when GLX 1.3 is not supported!  This is an application bug!
In a perfect world everything has it's place, Linux on my computer, windows on the wall, and M$ in the trash!
CrunchBang, LMDE, Mint 9 ,Peppermint Hackintosh and a few others :) Registered ...Machine; #432150 user ;#530829
grey1960envoy
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: What is all this ?

Postby Roken on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:23 pm

You may want to have a look here: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... er-829429/

Your card should support GL 1.3, but may be using the wrong libs, hence the errors.
Kernel Linux Tex 3.2.2-1 (64 bit) xfce , burg
Arch
ATI Radeon HD 4670, 1GB
OSS4
AMD Phenom II X4 (965BE) @ 3.6 Ghz (Overclocked)
8Gb RAM
Roken
Level 5
Level 5

Re: What is all this ?

Postby grey1960envoy on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Thanks R :) oken I'll have to check into it when I get home
In a perfect world everything has it's place, Linux on my computer, windows on the wall, and M$ in the trash!
CrunchBang, LMDE, Mint 9 ,Peppermint Hackintosh and a few others :) Registered ...Machine; #432150 user ;#530829
grey1960envoy
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions