KDE backports

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

KDE backports

Postby HandyGandy_ on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:03 pm

I recently installed the latest LDME-64.
Then I installed they are all kde poackages.
Turns out they are all KDE 4.4.5.

Since I was uning Mint 10 with KDE 4.6, I would like to be able to get 4.6 ( especially since I think 4.6 was recently released ).
How do I get access to there?
HandyGandy_
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: KDE backports

Postby Silent Warrior on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:17 am

The same way you find out when Debian's next release is due: You wait until it magically appears. :)
There is a separate repository meant for new KDE-packages - qt-kde.debian.org, I think, at version 4.5.2 - but it seems conspicuously empty right now... It seems essentially useless for now. Maybe they're making space for 4.6, or is 4.5.2 trickling through Experimental and Unstable?
Silent Warrior
Level 4
Level 4

Re: KDE backports

Postby Silent Warrior on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 pm

I feel excused for refreshing this: qt-kde.[etc...] have a bunch of KDE 4.6.1-packages now! Considering what it does to dependencies, I can't say I recommend it, but... 339 Mb download done, now configuring and all that. :twisted: (Ok, so Plasma Desktop broke for some reason (Veromix?) - it's not like it's gonna hurt me any further.)

For the eager edge-bleeders: Do yourself a favour and set Synaptic to prefer packages from experimental-snapshots, or you're going to weep. I say no more.
Silent Warrior
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions