KDE backports

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
HandyGandy_

KDE backports

Post by HandyGandy_ »

I recently installed the latest LDME-64.
Then I installed they are all kde poackages.
Turns out they are all KDE 4.4.5.

Since I was uning Mint 10 with KDE 4.6, I would like to be able to get 4.6 ( especially since I think 4.6 was recently released ).
How do I get access to there?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Silent Warrior
Level 5
Level 5

Re: KDE backports

Post by Silent Warrior »

The same way you find out when Debian's next release is due: You wait until it magically appears. :)
There is a separate repository meant for new KDE-packages - qt-kde.debian.org, I think, at version 4.5.2 - but it seems conspicuously empty right now... It seems essentially useless for now. Maybe they're making space for 4.6, or is 4.5.2 trickling through Experimental and Unstable?
Silent Warrior
Level 5
Level 5

Re: KDE backports

Post by Silent Warrior »

I feel excused for refreshing this: qt-kde.[etc...] have a bunch of KDE 4.6.1-packages now! Considering what it does to dependencies, I can't say I recommend it, but... 339 Mb download done, now configuring and all that. :twisted: (Ok, so Plasma Desktop broke for some reason (Veromix?) - it's not like it's gonna hurt me any further.)

For the eager edge-bleeders: Do yourself a favour and set Synaptic to prefer packages from experimental-snapshots, or you're going to weep. I say no more.

Return to “LMDE Archive”