Gnome Global Menu... Working... Kinda

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
plowran
Level 2
Level 2

Gnome Global Menu... Working... Kinda

Post by plowran »

Hi LMDE Family!
Thanks for all your help this week, but Im wondering if you have a fix for this...
I Successfully installed Gnome Global Menu on my LMDE Laptop, Im trying to trick someone into thinking its OSX then rub it in his face that it is Linux (constantly gives me crap that Linux Sucks)
I got the Menu to install but all it is really showing is the name of the Program that I am currently using, it only gives me menu options when I have the Desktop showing, and even then it gives me Nautilus options.
What do I have to do in order to remove all the Menu Options from my applications so they show up on the Panel like in OSX?
Thanks
Phil
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
definitely

Re: Gnome Global Menu... Working... Kinda

Post by definitely »

Hello there. As I see that nobody has replied for you - I will try. As far as I know Global Menu only works for supported applications and there aint a lot of them at the moment. Correct me if I Am wrong.
Isthmus

Re: Gnome Global Menu... Working... Kinda

Post by Isthmus »

Also IIRC there are two different global menus for gnome and then there is Ubuntu's global menu for unity. The gnome ones only work with gtk applications (which is why they don't work with everything), while the ubuntu unity one works with gtk and qt applications, though not with all qt apps. I don't think the Ubuntu unity GM is available in the repos yet, but someone else might know better. Also, I don't know whether it works with gnome 2 or how customizable it is.

Return to “LMDE Archive”