Installing driver to a ISO file???

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Installing driver to a ISO file???

Postby specmod1 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:39 pm

Is it possible to install drivers to an ISO i am about to install Debian squeeze, Which has no WIFI drivers....
specmod1
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Installing driver to a ISO file???

Postby viking777 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:19 pm

ISO files are the same a CD files ie not writeable, so the short answer is no. The long answer is yes but not easily! First you would have to extract all the files from the ISO, then you would have to add the drivers you want and then you would have to rewrite the iso file. I have never tried it myself but if you google along those lines you will probably find somebody that has.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Return to Newbie Questions