Resume after suspend fails

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Resume after suspend fails

Postby Zenec on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi everyone!

Approximately a week ago, I noticed that suspend suddenly stopped working - I can suspend the laptop alright, but after trying to bring it back, the screen stays blank and the cdrom keeps on making noise as if computer was trying to read a cd. I didn't really have time to look into that then, not ideal, I know.

I am using LMDE, however, I am using squeeze reps. I looked over updates I had done around that time and didn't see anything acpi or power management related. I also don't really remember changing any acpi settings or doing any upgrades related to that. What I did, though, is I did a CMOS reset, not sure if it worked, though. I did it because my laptop seemed to have a linux unrelated problem with the power button - sometimes it wouldn't turn on after being shut down - pressing the power button just wouldn't do anything. Power button seems to be working better now. I am quite sure this is not related, though.

Anyway, now I am sort of stuck. I tried googling for possible causes + solutions, but didn't come accross anyone having the same issue. I don't really know where to start, however, here is a file, that might be of an interest for you. This should list plenty of failed suspends.
pm-suspend.log.zip
Compresses PM-suspend log from: /var/log/pm-suspend.log
(4.7 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

Any ides on what could I try to do to fix this?

Thanks for helping me out! :)
Zenec
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions