Disk space low.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
specmod1

Disk space low.

Post by specmod1 »

I keep getting a thing telling me i am running out of disk space??? that i have 100 mb left or have 0 mb left.... ???
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lmintnewb

Re: Disk space low.

Post by lmintnewb »

You might want to tell people a lil bit more than that. People who come to these forums aren't psychic ... Well I am, but most aren't, lol. :D

My crystal ball tells me you are having computer issues ! See, ya didn't think I was serious. How else would I have known that unless I really were psychic ? Alright messing aside.

Ya might want to tell people what you're talking about. What operating system you're using. Which version ... if it's linux mint. Which desktop you have. Things like that and/or other information about the issues you're having dude. What size hard drive, what's on it .. Lil common sense things people might need 2 know, to have the slightest clue what you're dealing with.

Let alone any poss solutions to the problem(s).

(edit) Would you post to a car forum and say my car won't start ? Would you be surprised when nobody bothered answering you or trying to help out past that point ? lol ... just saying.
kwevej

Post by kwevej »

delete some p0rn :D
lmintnewb

Post by lmintnewb »

^ I knew he was gonna say that ! Shazam !!!

:lol:
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Well, you could start by doing a "sudo apt-get clean" in a terminal to remove the cached *.deb upgrades.

You can also erase some files or move them to another partition/disk/backup or grow your partition to increase disk space.

Try to run "df -h" to see where are you running out of space.

And run "fdisk -l" to see where can you grow to.

Return to “LMDE Archive”