Mauchais wrote:The unique desktop in Mint (Mintmenu, with just one taskbar on bottom) has disappeared.
It's been replaced with the regular old gnome menu, with the classic two bars, top and bottom.
Can anyone help?
Your objective is to set the desktop with one bottom panel and the Mint Menu in the usual place on the left, rather than the GNOME menu, yes?
1. Right click on the panel you want to delete, and left click on "Delete this Panel".
2. Right click on the panel you want to add the Mint Menu to, and left click on "Add to Panel".
3. Scroll down through the list in the dialog window until you get to "mintMenu".
4. Select that and click on "Add". It should appear somewhere in the panel.
5. Right click on the icon and select "Move".
6. Move the mouse cursor to the desired position on the panel and left click on the icon to set the position.
7. Right click on the icon and select "Lock to Panel"
I hope that achieves the required objective. Forgive me if I've overlooked some other problem.