About Me Changes Don't Stick and Additional Drivers No Show

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

About Me Changes Don't Stick and Additional Drivers No Show

Postby harpo1 on Tue May 17, 2011 5:16 pm

New to linux and need a little help. I installed Linux Mint 10 Debian along side windows 7 on my ASUS UL80VT. Everything seems fine except the graphics are terrible and the About Me option doesn't save changes I make to it. As a matter of fact as soon as I go back in the fields are blank.

As far as graphics go I went into menu/admin and was looking for the additional drivers option and it's not there? My ASUS UL80VT Laptop uses the Nvidia G210M. Is there a package or something I can install to get the additional drivers option back?
harpo1
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: About Me Changes Don't Stick and Additional Drivers No S

Postby christoff522 on Fri May 20, 2011 11:47 am

Sorry to disappoint you, but theres no additional drivers program in LMDE

here you go :)

http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDr ... ee_drivers

If I had Nvidia I would be able to help you more, Try searching synaptic for Nvidia there should be drivers in there, the open source ones should however already be active.
christoff522
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions