Enter password to unlock your login keyring

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
TheGreatSudoku

Post by TheGreatSudoku »

I keep getting this annoying popup several times a day:

Code: Select all

The login keyring did not get unlocked when you logged into your computer.
If this were Windows, I'd be highly suspicious that is was some kind of malware trying to trick my system password out of me. What causes this, and is there any way to make it go away?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Roken
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Enter password to unlock your login keyring

Post by Roken »

What are you trying to do when you get the message. My best guess is that you use wireless for your network, in which case it's probably that causing it, in which case there's an easy fix, but come back with a reply on what you are doing before I elaborate (to avoid confusing the thread)
Kernel Linux Tex 5.12.14-zen1-1-zen, XFCE
Arch
Dual GTX1070 8Gb
AMD Ryzen 1800X
32Gb RAM
TheGreatSudoku

Post by TheGreatSudoku »

I do use wireless, however this pop up appears when I am doing absolutely nothing! It appears WHILE I am connected to my wireless network, and canceling the dialog does absolutely nothing as well (i.e. doesn't disconnect me from wireless, which doesn't require a password anyway as I just use MAC filtering). It just pops up at random when it feels like annoying me. As I said earlier, if it were Windows I'd think it was some kinda malware.
hellanwell

Post by hellanwell »

thevaliantx

Post by thevaliantx »

What do we do if we can not remember the original password (used when installing Mint 11)?

Return to “LMDE Archive”