Notify popup like xubuntu

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
kandros

Notify popup like xubuntu

Post by kandros »

hello minty people :D
i recently switched from xubuntu to LMDE gnome, and i noticed that there are some tiny thing i miss from it
-notify popup of pidgin
notify popup of "download complete"

i'm sure my notify-osd in ok because i already purged and reainstalled it but it does only show for network notification, like wifi and ethernet stuff

is there a way to add these in lmde?
also there is a way to configure the popups like was possible in xubuntu, by changing theme and duration

thanks
kandros
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gerd50

Re: Notify popup like xubuntu

Post by Gerd50 »

Hello kandros,

is the package pidgin-libnotify installed?

For the notify popup of "download complete" maybe something is wrong in your browser settings ?

I never used xubuntu and don't understand what you mean with the possibility of changing theme and duration of the
notification area. Here notifications are working well and i never configured something :)
kandros

Post by kandros »

yes pidgin-libnotify is already installed and the plugin inside pidgin flagged but no notification at all
jeffreyC

Post by jeffreyC »

I have not used Xubuntu in a long time, but Xfce uses a different notify system than Gnome.
Have you tried the Xfce version of Linux Mint or Gnome version ?
Although the Xfce Mint uses mostly Gnome instead of Xfce, so you may need to change to xfce4-notifyd

Return to “LMDE Archive”