Open File with .... Multiple Entries

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
NRI

Open File with .... Multiple Entries

Post by NRI »

Hi!

This is a bit of a nuisance to me, and it happened with every Gnome Environment I've tried before:

When selecting a file and right-clicking it, I select "Open with other Application" - A list of applications pops up. However, there are multiple entries for Banshee, Brasero and F-Spot. Is there a reason why these applications show up multiple times and how can I remove them, so so I have only one entry per application?

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Open File with .... Multiple Entries

Post by xenopeek »

These are different entries. Highlight the first one of a set of duplicates, and click the "Use custom command" line at the bottom of the window. Now highlight the second duplicate. You will see it runs a different command.
Intio

Post by Intio »

Hmm, it would be useful if there was some graphical representation within the list to let people know that each entry was subtly different. Maybe an icon alongside the entry that would display a tool-tip showing the launcher command?
NRI

Post by NRI »

These are different entries. Highlight the first one of a set of duplicates, and click the "Use custom command" line at the bottom of the window. Now highlight the second duplicate. You will see it runs a different command.
Thank you very much. While I do like Linux a great deal better than the stuff from Redmond, I find it still a bit confusing sometimes. Also, I must be doing something wrong. When I did what you suggested, I can see only one command for Brasero, whereas F-Sport shows multiple commands.

Return to “LMDE Archive”