[SOLVED]Firefox fonts hard to read

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
nidwow

[SOLVED]Firefox fonts hard to read

Post by nidwow »

New install LMDE 201109 xfce. I am having a hard time to read text with Firefox especially "GREEN".

For example:

Code: Select all

This is a test - hard to read
I have Chromium open side by side, fonts in Chromium were much better. I can see it more clearly then in Firefox.

Is there a way to fix the hard to read fonts in Firefox?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gerd50

Re: Firefox fonts hard to read

Post by Gerd50 »

You installed the package 'ttf-mscorefonts-installer' ?
nidwow

Post by nidwow »

Gerd50 wrote:You installed the package 'ttf-mscorefonts-installer' ?

No, I did not. Whatever default installation of LMDE 201109 came with. I only installed/fixed my windows printer via samba so I can print from my NAS box.

I will check that and report back in a little while.

Thanks.
nidwow

Post by nidwow »

Gerd50,

The ttf-mscorefonts-installer was not installed. I went ahead and installed it and that took care of the hard to read fonts in my Firefox.

Thank you very much.
mint123

Re: [SOLVED]Firefox fonts hard to read

Post by mint123 »

Is there reason why this is a Firefox only issue? Through the rest of my computer, all fonts are beautiful but Firefox is the one where they look grainy. I'd prefer not to install the ms fonts as I have no use for them and don't want the clutter in my font listings for programs i use.

Are there any other options? Seems silly that the extra package is the only way to do this when Chrome, Opera and even Thunderbird all look fine.

Return to “LMDE Archive”