[SOLVED] Setting icons to be displayed in Window Buttons?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
waggs

[SOLVED] Setting icons to be displayed in Window Buttons?

Post by waggs »

Total newb, (first post!) with a totally non-essential cosmetic issue:

I use Chromium's web apps for Gmail, rss readers, etc. I also use (among other things) Window Buttons on the XFCE panel. My problem is this: if I open a web app, whether through a desktop link or launcher button, the icon that appears is Chromium's standard icon. This gets confusing when I have a bunch of web apps open, plus a browser window or three, and all I see up top are a line of Chromium icons. What I'd like is to set the web apps to display the icons of their respective services. I've tried setting this from the properties menu (again, both for the Launcher panel plugin and desktop shortcuts,) which had no effect, and then I ran out of ideas. Couldn't find any solution to this kind of issue (maybe I'm just bad at phrasing the problem) so here I am.

Is there a setting I'm missing, within Chromium, or XFCE panel, or something I can put in the command line for each individual launcher?

This seems like it should be a pretty simple fix, and I won't be surprised at all of I've been staring at the solution without noticing it for some time now.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
waggs

Re: Setting icons to be displayed in Window Buttons?

Post by waggs »

Looks like it is an issue with Chromium 13, and an update to 14 should solve:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/C ... 5698&hl=en

Return to “LMDE Archive”