how can i swap icons?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
vi-sual

how can i swap icons?

Post by vi-sual »

I recently downloaded a few icon packs thatmatch my dock theme and wanted to know how I could make them my default icons.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: how can i swap icons?

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Each desktop manager used in Mint has a slightly different method of doing what you ask. If you can let us know what version and desktop you are using, we can better answer your question.
vi-sual

Post by vi-sual »

Aging Technogeek wrote:Each desktop manager used in Mint has a slightly different method of doing what you ask. If you can let us know what version and desktop you are using, we can better answer your question.
Ah, sorry.

I'm using LMDE.
odo5435

Post by odo5435 »

Pleas don't take this the wrong way @vi-sual, but my curiosity has gotten the better of me. Why didn't you post this in the LMDE Newbie Questions forum where you've posted before. You're more likely to find people who're able to solve your problem there. It's not recommended re-posting this particular problem there though as the mods take a dim view of cross posting.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here from Newbie Questions on the main forum
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

LMDE uses the Gnome desktop manager as does the Main Edition so you should be able to add icon sets in the same ways.

First, try just dragging and dropping the unpacked icon set file into the Appearance Themes window.

If that does not work, open /usr/share/icons as administrator and copy the icon file into it.

Somme icon sets can be installed in your /home folder in the hidden directory /home/your_username/.icons. Just copy the file into the folder. If ~/.icons does not exist, right click on an open area of the /home folder and click "Create Folder". Rename the new folder .icons and add your files.

Return to “LMDE Archive”