Updating stuck, please help.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Sergey1

Updating stuck, please help.

Post by Sergey1 »

Okay so I was updating using the Update Manager and in the terminal that appears when you click "Details" I got this message. It asked if I wanted to install the new version of something or keep the current one and it brung up a list of commands you can do. I typed in the comand to see the differences and it brung up another page in the terminal, that say's (END) at the end. I don't know how to go back to the previous page. What do I do?!?!

Here's what it looks like now:

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Updating stuck, please help.

Post by richyrich »

psst; . use the scrollbar on the right to scroll down to the end. 8)
Sergey1

Post by Sergey1 »

richyrich wrote:psst; . use the scrollbar on the right to scroll down to the end. 8)
???
There's nothing below that...
secipolla

Post by secipolla »

Hit q

This is the app apt-listchanges. It shows you important changes before applying the updates. You either keep it and hit q after reading what it says or you uninstall the package apt-listchanges.
Sergey1

Post by Sergey1 »

secipolla wrote:Hit q

This is the app apt-listchanges. It shows you important changes before applying the updates. You either keep it and hit q after reading what it says or you uninstall the package apt-listchanges.
Thanks, I actually went on the irc before reading your post, was told to hit q also.
I feel like such a noob.

Return to “LMDE Archive”