LMDE updates

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
swiftlinuxcreator

LMDE updates

Post by swiftlinuxcreator »

I have a confession: I've never before bothered updating my OS. I need to change this. So now is my time to start.

In LMDE (the September 2011 release), I updated the repositories as instructed by Update Pack 3.

The update manager shows a list of 416 updates. Just how important and how risky are each of these updates? Isn't there supposed to be a rating for each update? (I don't see any.) No one update looks any more important or any riskier than the others.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
amina

Re: LMDE updates

Post by amina »

The general opinion is that on a rolling release you need to install all updates becasue sooner or later it will cause dependency problems if you do not do so. Therefore in the Debian version of MintUpdate, there are no levels.
You can apply all of the updates, just check the list of packages that will be removed in the process to avoid complications (however, if you use the update packs, you should not have any major issues).
swiftlinuxcreator

Post by swiftlinuxcreator »

How do I install Update Pack 3? I upgraded mintupdate-debian from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 as directed by the Update Manager. Is the long list of updates Update Pack 3, or do I have to manually do all the things listed in Update Pack 3?
mbalazs81

Post by mbalazs81 »

Return to “LMDE Archive”