Carbon Mint - Updated

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jernau

Re: Carbon Mint One

Post by Jernau »

Okay, second attempt :)

exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Great work! Perfect!

Here is the completed GDM Theme.

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show. ... tent=78069

If you install the theme you will notice your name included in the "Author" section. Thanks for making this theme possible!

If you are interested, we can do something similar with the Metal wallpaper you made.
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

exploder wrote:Here is the completed GDM Theme.
Wow, excellent job! :)

I noticed that the logo looks a little stretched (presumably because you have a widescreen), but I don't suppose there is any way for us to avoid this on a GDM that has to work on both normal and wide aspect ratio monitors?
exploder wrote:If you install the theme you will notice your name included in the "Author" section. Thanks for making this theme possible!
No problem - and thanks 8)
exploder wrote:If you are interested, we can do something similar with the Metal wallpaper you made.
I'd be delighted. Would you like the same size and positioned logo as this one? A reflection?

I'll see if I get time to have a go at this tonight.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I noticed that the logo looks a little stretched (presumably because you have a widescreen), but I don't suppose there is any way for us to avoid this on a GDM that has to work on both normal and wide aspect ratio monitors?
If you have a widescreen version of the wallpaper I can put together a widescreen version of the theme.
I'd be delighted. Would you like the same size and positioned logo as this one? A reflection?
Lets try 1440 x 900 with the logo in the same position. I am not sure about the reflection, what do you think?
I'll see if I get time to have a go at this tonight.
Sounds great!
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

exploder wrote:If you have a widescreen version of the wallpaper I can put together a widescreen version of the theme.
I will upload one tonight.
exploder wrote:Lets try 1440 x 900 with the logo in the same position. I am not sure about the reflection, what do you think?
Okay sounds good. I'm not sure the reflection will work as well with the industrial metal background, so I might try it without first and you can see what you think.
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

Widescreen version of 'Carbon Mint GDM' for exploder:
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Here is the widescreen version of the Carbon Mint GDM Theme.

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show. ... tent=78122

Jernau , you do outstanding work! Thanks for all of your hard work to make these GDM Themes possible.
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

exploder wrote:Here is the widescreen version of the Carbon Mint GDM Theme.
Very nice! Your GDM theme looks even better with the non-stretched logo.
exploder wrote:Jernau , you do outstanding work! Thanks for all of your hard work to make these GDM Themes possible.
My pleasure. It's plenty of reward to see my work appear in your great GDMs - thanks for doing them.
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

Okay, I'm pretty sure that this will be the last time I update Carbon Mint. You'll have to forgive my soft spot for it; it's just that Carbon Mint was my first Linux Mint wallpaper, plus Clem liked the original enough to use it in the Elyssa preview - so at least I know I'm not the only one ;).

Anyway I've just made a couple of tweaks: reduced the logo size and moved it up slightly, lightened 'from freedom came elegance' and darkened the background.

Carbon Mint v4:
Last edited by Jernau on Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I like the changes, it gives the wallpaper a more refined and professional look.

Nice work!
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Carbon Mint - Updated

Post by merlwiz79 »

This is great work.
I have made a new gfxboot menu for Elyssa from a version of this wallpaper.
Click Images to Enlarge:
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

merlwiz79 wrote:This is great work.
Thanks merlwiz79 - though as an XFCE CE user I can say the same thing about your work! :D
merlwiz79 wrote:I have made a new gfxboot menu for Elyssa from a version of this wallpaper.
They look very nice. :)

I thought you also might like to have a 'GDM/gfxboot friendly' version of the 'latest and greatest' Carbon Mint (v4) - so I made this for you:

It's in widescreen (1440x900), but you should just be able to crop the edges if you need a normal aspect-ratio version too.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Cool!
Why don't you put the Mint XFCE logo on it as well and it will be purrrrrfect! ;)
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

Zwopper wrote:Cool!
Why don't you put the Mint XFCE logo on it as well and it will be purrrrrfect! ;)
I thought XFCE CE used the main logo?
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Jernau wrote:
Check Merlwiz' signature ;)
CREA DIEM!

Jernau

Post by Jernau »

Zwopper wrote:
Jernau wrote:
Check Merlwiz' signature ;)
merlwiz79 can correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I'm aware the logo in his signature is just something that he uses on the forums - you won't find it anywhere in the current release of XFCE CE.

Plus, I have to admit that I like the fact that XFCE CE uses the main artwork as it means access to the wide variety of great artwork already created for the main edition. If this changes in the future then I'll have a lot of my own wallpapers that I'll need to update the logo on! ;)
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Jernau wrote: merlwiz79 can correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I'm aware the logo in his signature is just something that he uses on the forums - you won't find it anywhere in the current release of XFCE CE.

Plus, I have to admit that I like the fact that XFCE CE uses the main artwork as it means access to the wide variety of great artwork already created for the main edition. If this changes in the future then I'll have a lot of my own wallpapers that I'll need to update the logo on! ;)
His signature logo is found in a couple of threads on the forum discussing what the "official" Mint XFCE logo should look like once LM4 XFCE is finally released, and since XFCE is in beta state still, there probably isn't any "official" artwork determined yet...

I remember seeing at least three different versions of the logo, different color schemes and layouts etc.

"Bara mina femtio öre!" :wink:

///EDIT: According to this post you're right.
CREA DIEM!

merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

Yes, it is just a signature.
XFCE CE uses the same one as the Main Edition.
I don't plan on changing that.
Click my signature to read about it.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

merlwiz79 wrote: Click my signature to read about it.
That's the post I was looking for!
CREA DIEM!

Jernau

Post by Jernau »

Cabon Mint v5:
[image links lead deviantART; once there click the 'Download' link (left of preview) to download full resolutions]

Luckily I only said that I was 'pretty sure' that Carbon Mint v4 would be my last version of this wallpaper... because clem had some improvement suggestions and I was more than happy to dust off my old favourite and give it a few more tweaks! :)

You'll notice that now it's even more a direct rip-off of Agust's Daryna wallpaper! :P

Return to “Your Artwork”