Refresh by Kensai

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jernau

Re: Refresh by Kensai

Post by Jernau »

Beautiful work Kensai. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

ohhhh very pretty :D
another version might look good if you could use the same concept but applied a dark theme to it..somehow haha
great work Kensai.
rhvkl

Post by rhvkl »

wow this pretty cool ... thank you. (do you have plans for a 1280x1024 / 1.25:1 release)
/edit: zoomed view looks good for me, so there is no need for my demanded version ... but the image has a "hosted by ..." branding in the right corner :-(
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Nice composition!
A little too bright for me though.
Create an account at deviantArt - it's free and no fuss!
...or if you prefer imgx
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

kensai111, that is a very attractive wallpaper!
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

new dark wallpaper = GORGEOUS
It really accentuates the effect (to me it looks like a really neat pollen flower effect)
Beautiful.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

The dark version does look cool!
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

Making another one with a transparent background would be cool to.
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

I love these. Very nice work man! Keep it up.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

Very, very nice! I'm going to try all of them :D
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

The dark version looks fantastic too - nice work! 8)

A couple of suggestions for potential improvements:
  1. The motif appears to be shifted to the right of centre (i.e. there is more space from the left edge of the image to the left side of the motif, than from the right edge of the image to the right side of the motif). I think it might help the composition and balance of the image if you move the motif and logo left (so they are dead centre).
  2. The bottom of the 'g' in 'elegance' looks like it has been chopped off.
  3. In my opinion, the light motif means that the logo blends in to the background a little too much (the tag line is particularly hard to read), have you tried a very subtle shadow effect (or some other technique) on the logo in an attempt to help it stand out from the background just a touch more?
I hope you don't mind my constructive criticism. Like I said, I really like these wallpapers. :)
Philip-III

Post by Philip-III »

Very nice work indeed! Catches the attention immediately! A bit of an urban / house / groove flavor to it..

I agree with Jernau that the 'g' in ele'g'ance looks a bit ..like 'q', not sure where the curve disappeared, but I'm guessing it should be easy to fix. I'll have to disagree about the positioning / centering. It's just my opinion, but I think it looks better a little ..'off-beat', it adds up to the groovy feel of it, especially in the bright version - neither the motif is symmetric, nor is the background ..lighting(?!). I would probably go even further with dispositioning the whole thing - a little lower / higher to the right or left, as an alternative vision. Of course dead-centered version will be fine as well as an alternative..

About the tagline - it blends pretty well, not sure if it'd be better standing out more

But enough of me commenting on other people's comments ;-) :oops:

What I actually wanted to comment on were the multiple 'mint-leaves' .. Nice placement, I must admit, however they seem to stand out a little too much. Removing them completely probably won't do much justice, but perhaps making them a little more subtle so they can blend in better with the motif would add some more 'class' to it. Maybe making the colors on the mint-leaves a little closer to the rest of the motif will add the subtlety to make it perfect!

Keep up the good work!
tawan

Post by tawan »

I missed this until now, very nice :D
rhvkl

Post by rhvkl »

LinuxMint Goes Transparent ... yes it does :) ... *background changed* <-- thanks!
Jernau

Post by Jernau »

Perfect. :D
Harrs

Post by Harrs »

Great Work :wink: i did a small modification
http://fc18.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/ ... ghtypi.png <--Big Image URL 1440 x900
Shadow arround the letters for better readability and i did a new Background

maybe you could vary the background arround the "linux" letters and make them a little darker then it would be perfect :)
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Just a quick question while on the subject... how does one go about getting selected or nominated if you will to make it into the official release of Linux Mint artwork-wise?
There is a post somewhere in the artwork section of the forum that answers that question. I saw the post yesterday but I can't find it now... I remember that is has to be complete, usplash, wallpaper (wide screen and normal), gdm theme (wide screen and normal) and use the official logo. I did see in the Mint 7 road map that Clem is interested in using new artwork. Sorry I could not find the post regarding this and maybe someone can point you to it.
DaddyFoxDerek

Post by DaddyFoxDerek »

This wallpaper is very nice. Using it now. Thanks for posting it.
MintHat

Post by MintHat »

Thanks, excellent work :)

Return to “Your Artwork”