Air Mint

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dlkreations

Air Mint

Post by dlkreations »

When KDE 4.2 was released, the team issued a new wallpaper called Air, or something along those lines. This is my version of it. I know that there are a ton of Bokeh type wallpapers floating all over the internet, but I wanted to bring one more to the table.

This is a wallpaper pack of sorts. Included in this pack are 4 different wallpapers: 2 for wide screen (2560x1600) and 2 for standard screen (1600x1200).

Link leads to a direct download from deviantArt

Comments welcome.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
johonunu

Re: Air Mint

Post by johonunu »

I like your wallpaper :) It looks really nice !
I just have a sugestion for green wallpaper, well in my opinion, I have icons on the left and I think most of people does. I think the left side of the wallpaper is very bright, and because I have standard Shiki Mint icons, I can't read their names ! I think you can do is maybe just Filp Horizontaly your background image or decrese the brightness on the left side !

Just a sugestion, but otherwise your wallpaper looks great ;)
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Looking good!
I like the name too - a sibling to this! :wink:
Last edited by Zwopper on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

My suggestion is the same as johonunu's. The wallpaper does look very nice though. :D
AfterEight

Post by AfterEight »

johonunu wrote:I like your wallpaper :) It looks really nice !
I just have a sugestion for green wallpaper, well in my opinion, I have icons on the left and I think most of people does. I think the left side of the wallpaper is very bright, and because I have standard Shiki Mint icons, I can't read their names ! I think you can do is maybe just Flip Horizontally your background image or decrease the brightness on the left side !

Just a suggestion, but otherwise your wallpaper looks great ;)
+1 from me too, Don.
Except, that I have my icons down the right hand side, so it is +2 from me. :D
Keep up the excellent work-rate guys. You know who you are.

David aka AfterEight
kaixi

Post by kaixi »

johonunu wrote:I like your wallpaper :) It looks really nice !
I just have a sugestion for green wallpaper, well in my opinion, I have icons on the left and I think most of people does. I think the left side of the wallpaper is very bright, and because I have standard Shiki Mint icons, I can't read their names ! I think you can do is maybe just Filp Horizontaly your background image or decrese the brightness on the left side !

Just a sugestion, but otherwise your wallpaper looks great ;)
+1

This would be a great default wallpaper for Helena.
reahjw6

Post by reahjw6 »

I really like the blue one.
Just put it as my desktop.
Reahjw6
kiwisoup

Post by kiwisoup »

Your wallpapers got brought up by several people on the official Linux Mint blog when talking about a new default desktop paper. People seem to really like it! If you would listen to the criticisms and flip the image so the brighter side is on the right, I think you'd greatly increase your chances of it being picked for Linux Mint 8 Helena.
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

Sorry, I've been away for a while, but I will get this fixed and issue a re-release.
Craig

Post by Craig »

I like this as well, should be the default in Helena for sure. I see another wallpaper that was based on Greek symbols and to me although it's unique I'm not sure that would be that good for a default theme (although it was never suggested that it would be by anyone) it's just my over all opinion.

Really like this one though, your all really doing a great job with the artwork here. :)
kaixi

Post by kaixi »

Maybe we should PM Clem as he may have not noticed about this thread. I really like this wallpaper and it would be great to see it as the default background in Helena :)
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Maybe we should PM Clem as he may have not noticed about this thread. I really like this wallpaper and it would be great to see it as the default background in Helena :)
You might be on to something.
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

Whether this gets chosen or not, I am glad you all enjoy the wallpapers. I have redone them all for both wide and standard screens, also with the new KDE logo; darkened to be more appealing for those who prefer their icons on the left.

kiwisoup wrote: Your wallpapers got brought up by several people on the official Linux Mint blog when talking about a new default desktop paper. People seem to really like it! If you would listen to the criticisms and flip the image so the brighter side is on the right, I think you'd greatly increase your chances of it being picked for Linux Mint 8 Helena.
It was never about not listening to criticism, I take it very well. It was about being busy with other things mainly being my family and work. If it gets chosen, great. If it doesn't I'll live. I do it for the fun of it, and enjoying a very fine operating system and putting my love for it into creations I do.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Hi Don!

I put a link to this thread in the team members section where Clem will be sure to see it. I do not know what Clem's plans are but I think theses wallpapers more the style that is desired for the default. I love the KDE version!

exploder

Edit: It would be nice if we can get some more feedback from the community members. I would like to know what everyone thinks.
kaixi

Post by kaixi »

@exploder: we could post it on the blog, for it seems that most people don't even bother to come join the forums.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

this cool and with the new KDE logo.

Cheers
Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
AfterEight

Post by AfterEight »

Boo wrote:this is cool and with the new KDE logo.

Cheers
Boo
Totally agree Boo, +1 vote from me.

AfterEight
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

It would be very nice as the default wallpaper. You could also make a logo-free variant 8)
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

I just downloaded and tried the green widescreen option.
Thanks Don
Execellent work
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

Thank you everyone. I can take the logo off for those who would like to have a logo free one. I don't know when I can get to it, but I'll do it soon.

Return to “Your Artwork”