Abstract Wave Mint Walls

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bob63

Abstract Wave Mint Walls

Post by Bob63 »

I generally make wallpapers only for myself, family members or - if I feel the need for harsh criticism - to post on 4chan's general wallpaper page. I thought you might like a look at a couple of recent ones, inspired by my affection for LinuxMint.

Both are created in Gimp. I just realized that I named the first LM9, :oops:

http://i279.removed/albums/kk151/Bob1963/LM9Wall.jpg

I made another, not as dark and much higher resolution, anticipating the day I'll have a monitor to view it properly.

http://i279.removed/albums/kk151/Bob196 ... ctions.jpg

Suggestions and constructive criticism always welcome.

Oh, the logo is out of the Mod-mint-logo-white-cathbard logo.svg pack - not my work.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
beefstu

Re: Abstract Wave Mint Walls

Post by beefstu »

Nice work Bob63, i especially like the second one, works nicely as a background.

I've never really considered it but wallpapers look quite different on different monitors. I have my laptop with a dual-screen connected to an old CRT monitor. On the CRT the first wallpaper looks far too bright (almost glow-in-the-dark-type colours) but looks very nice on the laptop display! I'd imagine if I played with the gamma setting etc on the CRT that I could get it normal.

Well done anyway, your should have submitted them into the LM9 wallpaper challenge!
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

beefstu wrote:Nice work Bob63, i especially like the second one, works nicely as a background.

I've never really considered it but wallpapers look quite different on different monitors. I have my laptop with a dual-screen connected to an old CRT monitor. On the CRT the first wallpaper looks far too bright (almost glow-in-the-dark-type colours) but looks very nice on the laptop display! I'd imagine if I played with the gamma setting etc on the CRT that I could get it normal.

Well done anyway, your should have submitted them into the LM9 wallpaper challenge!
Never mind just on different monitors, I find wallpapers look different in Firefox then when there actually set as a wallpaper :shock:
beefstu

Post by beefstu »

Yeah thats true too, looking at Zwopper's wallpaper for LM9 TBH i thought looked horrible on Firefox. I set it as my background to see why everyone was raving about it and it looked really good and nothing like it did on Firefox!
Bob63

Post by Bob63 »

beefstu,
Thanks for the kind words. I actually toned down the brightness and adjusted the contrast on the images to a degree. Without that, I was seeing spots! :shock: I was trying to find a happy place between neon "my eyes are melting" green and too dim that the detail in the strands was lost. I also use a crt as my main monitor - can't afford to switch, and it works just fine. I probably have my monitor adjusted wrong...

Carl,
I noticed that too, but not sure why. Maybe it is an optical illusion caused (in my case) by the Personas theme I use in Firefox. I try to keep it to a darker theme because the brighter, artsy ones seem to make it difficult to concentrate on the actual image in the browser most times.

Now that I've had my ego somewhat inflated, take a look at the one I uploaded to LinuxMint-Art.org. Very simple green on black that will be in my wallpaper rotation for LM9 Isadora. Someone commented in another thread about preferring actual pictures over abstract art, so this is a modified from a photo of an actual sprig of spearmint, and some text in a modern-style font - and a bit of a salute to both the Beatles and LinuxMint along the way. :)

http://linuxmint-art.org/content/show.p ... ent=123671
magnamargret

Post by magnamargret »

A wall may also separate apartment or hotel rooms from each other. Each wall has two sides and breaking a wall on one side will break the wall on the other side.

Merbau
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

@Bob63: I get it...The Beatles Number 9. :lol:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Bob63

Post by Bob63 »

tdockery97 wrote:@Bob63: I get it...The Beatles Number 9. :lol:
Ding!Ding!Ding! We have a winner... :lol:
You're the first to let me know you got the connection.

Return to “Your Artwork”