Some new wallpapers

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bob63

Some new wallpapers

Post by Bob63 »

I've been doing some work with Gimp, let me know what you think. I plan to upload higher-quality versions to my deviantArt account later today and will update this post - if anybody is interested.
See it here ->http://bob1963.deviantart.com/art/Linux ... 3#/d33xwkn
LinuxMint 10 Digital Shadow.jpg
See it here ->http://bob1963.deviantart.com/art/Linux ... 3#/d33xpqx
LinuxMint 10 Digital Landscape.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hemimaniac

Re: Some new wallpapers

Post by hemimaniac »

Nice
Bob63

Post by Bob63 »

hemimaniac wrote:Nice
Thanks.

As a point of interest, the images were composed in Gimp. The LinuxMint logo came out of the "Modified Mint Logos V2" pack, which was released under the GPL and available at LinuxMint-Art.org. Also, there is a pretty cool collection of filters available for Gimp; the collection is called G'MIC and available from Sourceforge. One of its filters allowed me to do a 3D extrusion of the LinuxMint logo.

I'd like to add that while I liked the idea behind the default wallpaper for LinuxMint 10, my personal opinion is that LinuxMint should proudly display its logo and its green - it is as much a part of our foundation as the Linux kernel which our machines run. That opinion is what guided me as I created these wallpapers.

If there's anyone into symbology, here's something for you as well: the transparent insides of the logo equate to the transparent nature of the Linux OS. Linux users can examine the source code of the OS and nearly every application which they run, should they choose to do so.
kvv

Post by kvv »

sweet...
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

Very nice work Bob..... :D
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
jesica

Post by jesica »

nice

thanks
Bob63

Post by Bob63 »

jesica wrote:nice

thanks
willie42 wrote:Very nice work Bob..... :D
kvv wrote:sweet...