LMDE 201204RC Xfce log in manager

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Ady

LMDE 201204RC Xfce log in manager

Post by Ady »

I already changed the default screen resolution of the session (once I see the Xfce desktop), but the log in screen (where I select the session, the user and type its password) remains without change. I wasn't able to find info about the log in manager at all.

I'd appreciate any links to relevant documentation.

TIA.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
anmys

Re: LMDE 201204RC Xfce log in manager

Post by anmys »

but the log in screen (where I select the session, the user and type its password) remains without change. I wasn't able to find info about the log in manager at all.
Generally the screen resolution is correctly chosen by the xserver. If you are getting it wrong, try adding it manually to /etc/X11/xorg.conf. Then, restart X.

Regards.
Ady

Post by Ady »

I don't understand what you meant with "getting it wrong".

I can change the resolution once I am inside the session, and the change is correctly saved. If I log out (or reboot) and log in again, the screen resolution "inside" the session is still correct, as I saved it before.

My question is about the first screen, before the session itself, where the user should select the desktop environment (in my case, I have Xfce only), type in the user and its password so to log in. While in that screen, the screen resolution is not the same as the one I selected in the session itself. Once the session begins, the screen resolution is indeed the correct one. I want to establish the same screen resolution for the first (log in) screen.

I am unable to find any info about this, whether it is about the log in screen resolution, or about the LMDE Xfce log in manager itself (I can only guess it is gdm, but I can't confirm this with any document).

I hope I was clearer now. Links? Documents? Instructions? Is this happening only to me?

TIA.
Ady

Post by Ady »

Anyone?

Return to “LMDE Archive”