LMDE affects Windows 7: time and sound

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
lintel
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE affects Windows 7: time and sound

Post by lintel »

Hello everybody,

after becoming increasingly fed-up with Ubuntu, I eventually shifted to LMDE. There are two little issues though -- and basically not even related to LMDE. But maybe I am not the only one who can't fully refrain from using Windows occasionally.

1) After rebooting from the Win7 partition the clock is set -3 hours backwards, could be Greenwich time then. But why at all?

2) While the internal speakers sound, the headphones output socket remains deaf, taking 1-2 Win7-reboots to work again.

I can't remember that such a problem occurred with Ubuntu installed instead of Debian. Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
killer de bug

Re: LMDE affects Windows 7: time and sound

Post by killer de bug »

lintel wrote:Hello everybody,

after becoming increasingly fed-up with Ubuntu, I eventually shifted to LMDE. There are two little issues though -- and basically not even related to LMDE. But maybe I am not the only one who can't fully refrain from using Windows occasionally.

1) After rebooting from the Win7 partition the clock is set -3 hours backwards, could be Greenwich time then. But why at all?

2) While the internal speakers sound, the headphones output socket remains deaf, taking 1-2 Win7-reboots to work again.

I can't remember that such a problem occurred with Ubuntu installed instead of Debian. Any ideas?
For the clock, it could (could) be due to Linux Mint and the internal clock, but for the sound, I don't see how Mint can change the setting of Windows.
Come on! :wink:
rop75
Level 2
Level 2

Re: LMDE affects Windows 7: time and sound

Post by rop75 »

The clock issue is a classic one. You will find the solution [url=http://askubuntu.com/questions/169376/clock-time-is-off-by-4-hours]here[/url]

As far as the sound issue, I can't help you as I have not understood what your problem is (maybe my English is not good enough...)

Return to “LMDE Archive”