VPN Connection

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

VPN Connection

Postby LifeInTheGrey on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Was hoping someone with VPN experience would be able to assist...

I have LMDE on both my netbook and notebook, and I can set up a VPN connection just fine on both, however upon attempting connection the network manager disappears from the panel. I am still connected to the internet, however there no longer is any network manager. Additionally, if I open the network manager from the main menu, it has no record of the VPN connection that I created nor did it connect to it. Has anyone else had any success getting VPN to work on LMDE?
the beauty of linux is that the rabbit hole goes as deep as you want it to go.
LifeInTheGrey
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: VPN Connection

Postby ausmuso on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:58 am

Hi LifeInTheGrey,
I have had an account with AceVPN for a while, I originally used it with Ubuntu but now I'm using it with Mint DBE. Have a look at:
http://www.acevpn.com/knowledge-base/in ... -on-linux/
I don't use the Gnome Network Manager to establish my connection but call it up from the terminal with:
sudo openvpn /etc/openvpn/acevpn-premium-udp-faster.conf

If you're with a different VPN provider you should be able to do something similar.

Hope this helps.
With Linux from 1997 (Slackware, Caldera, Red Hat, Mandrake, (Open)SuSE, Poppy, Ubuntu, CentOS) currently Mint LMDE & 13 Cinnamon w. LXDE desktops
ausmuso
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Other Topics