Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Postby cdysthe on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:01 am

Hi,

I've run the latest Liquorix 3 kernel for a while. The only problem I have is that Update Manager won't auto start. I have to start it manually after I have logged in. I was wondering if this is a general kernel 3 problem, or Liquorix. Question for those of you who has played around with the Debian testing 3.0 kernel: Does Update Manager start at login?
cdysthe
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Postby viking777 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:44 pm

cdysthe wrote:Hi,

I've run the latest Liquorix 3 kernel for a while. The only problem I have is that Update Manager won't auto start. I have to start it manually after I have logged in. I was wondering if this is a general kernel 3 problem, or Liquorix. Question for those of you who has played around with the Debian testing 3.0 kernel: Does Update Manager start at login?

It starts fine on kernel 3.0, and as I am sure you are aware Liquorix kernel is not part of LMDE so I guess that is where the problem is.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Postby cdysthe on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:43 pm

viking777 wrote:

It starts fine on kernel 3.0, and as I am sure you are aware Liquorix kernel is not part of LMDE so I guess that is where the problem is.

I am fully aware that Liquorix isn't part of LMDE. Also, the Update Manager starts fine with the Liquorix kernel, but not automatically when I log in. I'm still curious as to why that is.
cdysthe
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Re: Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Postby LifeInTheGrey on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:28 pm

cdysthe wrote:
viking777 wrote:

I am fully aware that Liquorix isn't part of LMDE. Also, the Update Manager starts fine with the Liquorix kernel, but not automatically when I log in. I'm still curious as to why that is.

Silly question, but have you checked startup applications?

Tappa tappa
the beauty of linux is that the rabbit hole goes as deep as you want it to go.
LifeInTheGrey
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Roken on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:30 pm

I've had no problems with kernels 2.6.39, 3.0.0, 3.1 rc 1, 2, 3 & 4 and mintupdate.

It's likely to be a configuration or, as LifeInTheGrey suggest, simply disabled/missing from startup applications.
Kernel Linux Tex 3.2.2-1 (64 bit) xfce , burg
Arch
ATI Radeon HD 4670, 1GB
OSS4
AMD Phenom II X4 (965BE) @ 3.6 Ghz (Overclocked)
8Gb RAM
Roken
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Other Topics