Thinklight for a Thinkpad in LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
programming-master

Thinklight for a Thinkpad in LMDE

Post by programming-master »

I am looking for a laptop to buy in a couple of months. I was wondering if anyone that has put LMDE on a Thinkpad knows about Thinklight support. I think this is a nice thing to have. Through some intensive searching through Google, I was able to find little on this topic other than it can be done. What kinds of things would I have to do to get this running? Remember that I do not have one of these to play around with, but I do have prior Linux knowledge.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ManicSquirrel

Re: Thinklight for a Thinkpad in LMDE

Post by ManicSquirrel »

I have an X230 and the Thinklight works perfectly. It has worked out of the box on every distro I've put on it, including Vanilla Debian (as well as Sabayon, Arch, Fedora and, of course, Ubuntu-based distros). You should have no issues at all with this. One thing you might want to look into, however, is which wireless card you get, since support there varies. I would recommend an Intel one if possible.

Good luck with your new machine!
primski

Re: Thinklight for a Thinkpad in LMDE

Post by primski »

i got a thinkpad e540. it's is certified by ubuntu so drivers are ok. except in lmde internal mic doesn't work and i can't get optimus to work either.

on a related note. the internal speaker is so annoying, beeps everytime you reboot, go to bios or in a million other situations and i can't figure out how to disable it. bios - config - alarms, everything is disabled. and some threads i found online, all referr to the thinkpad utility for windows. so how do i disable this on linux?

Return to “LMDE Archive”