LMDE 201403

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
borgward
Level 6
Level 6

LMDE 201403

Post by borgward »

When is LMDE 201403 expected to be releasedL
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jenia

Re: LMDE 201403

Post by Jenia »

Sometime during March.

The Release Candidate is out, you can get it here:
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2571
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Keep your eyes this page, for 'update' on LMDE-8 .iso files > http://community.linuxmint.com/iso
borgward
Level 6
Level 6

LMDE 201403 Ready?

Post by borgward »

I am confused.

Home > Linux Mint Debian:
Linux Mint Debian 201403 RC released!

Download > Linux Mint Debian:

Please do not download LMDE 201303. The repositories were recently updated with UP8 and new ISO images are being prepared at the moment. To avoid tedious updates and unecessary problems we recommend you wait for the release of LMDE 201403.

So, is it ready or not?
Neil Edmond
Level 6
Level 6

Re: LMDE 201403 Ready?

Post by Neil Edmond »

Linux Mint Debian 201403 RC (Release Candidate) is now out, but the completed release has not yet happened.

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2571
nobodynoze

Post by nobodynoze »

It's been reviewed. Sounds like a complete failure.

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue ... 24#feature

The Mint team only care about their Ubuntu-edition?
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

nobodynoze wrote:Sounds like a complete failure.
What exactly does sound like that?
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

Nice! One guy publishes a review of his problem with LMDE and this system turns to be a complete failure... :roll:
Did you try it nobodynoze?
ardouos

Post by ardouos »

nobodynoze wrote:It's been reviewed. Sounds like a complete failure.

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue ... 24#feature

The Mint team only care about their Ubuntu-edition?
I have been using LMDE 201403 Cinnamon Edition (64 bit) since release. After reading the article I can confidently say so far that I have never experienced any of these problems that have been stated on Distrowatch. In fact it has been very pleasant to use. The most effective change that I have made to my system so far is installing the wonderful Xfce DE as it is really lightweight and simplistic, also much more customizable without the need of installing too much bloatware. I feel that the Mint team have done a good job with LMDE, I also hope it becomes much more recognized as people mainly think that Mint has to be Ubuntu based.
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

ardouos wrote: I have been using LMDE 201403 Cinnamon Edition (64 bit) since release. After reading the article I can confidently say so far that I have never experienced any of these problems that have been stated on Distrowatch. In fact it has been very pleasant to use.
It's probably the same for most users. :wink:
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

killer de bug wrote:
ardouos wrote: I have been using LMDE 201403 Cinnamon Edition (64 bit) since release. After reading the article I can confidently say so far that I have never experienced any of these problems that have been stated on Distrowatch. In fact it has been very pleasant to use.
It's probably the same for most users. :wink:

Yes, no problem here except a small bug in software manager that Monsta has already reported, LMDE is an awesome OS. :D
ardouos

Post by ardouos »

Crewp wrote:
Yes, no problem here except a small bug in software manager that Monsta has already reported, LMDE is an awesome OS. :D

The software manager is a decent way to help manage and install software, I have always done it through the terminal though as I feel much more comfortable using it. So I may never encounter this problem (if I have it or not). :lol:
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

ardouos wrote: The software manager is a decent way to help manage and install software, I have always done it through the terminal though as I feel much more comfortable using it. So I may never encounter this problem (if I have it or not). :lol:
Yeah that's the same for me. I really think apt is faster and easier than the software manager :lol:
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

killer de bug wrote:
ardouos wrote: The software manager is a decent way to help manage and install software, I have always done it through the terminal though as I feel much more comfortable using it. So I may never encounter this problem (if I have it or not). :lol:
Yeah that's the same for me. I really think apt is faster and easier than the software manager :lol:

True, but software manager lets you browse, and get some feed back on software that is very helpful.

Return to “LMDE Archive”