will there be a new DVD?

Discuss non-support related topics related to LMDE.
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

will there be a new DVD?

Postby dante19992 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:30 am

when the debian 6 is released with there be a new more up-to-date LMDE DVD hosted on the site with a more up-to-date kernel and packages and whatnot?
Carpe Diem - Seize the Day.
Life keeps on living and I'm living with it. I wont get left behind in the dust will you?

dante19992
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: will there be a new DVD?

Postby Habitual on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:56 am

"up-to-date" = Instant Gratification takes too long.

Why would there be? You are up-to-date when you update the system via apt-get upgrade.
Another ISO would just be redundant and/or superfluous not to mention confusing?
My DorkBlog
Cirrhus9.com - Managed HA VDSs and Scalable grid solutions.
Habitual
Level 7
Level 7

Postby dante19992 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:01 am

for like kernel updates and whatnot. just updating the iso. cuz last time i installed LMDE it too me 6 1/2 frickin hours to get and install all of my updates. so im hoping for an updated iso so that way i dont have to sit there staring at the screen with a blank zombie-like stare while it spends 6 hours downloading updates and another 30 mins applying them
Life keeps on living and I'm living with it. I wont get left behind in the dust will you?

dante19992
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Habitual on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:07 am

dante19992 wrote:for like kernel updates and whatnot. just updating the iso. cuz last time i installed LMDE it too me 6 1/2 frickin hours to get and install all of my updates. so im hoping for an updated iso so that way i dont have to sit there staring at the screen with a blank zombie-like stare while it spends 6 hours downloading updates and another 30 mins applying them

I feel ya, but you could stare at the back of your eyelids instead of the screen while updating! :P
My DorkBlog
Cirrhus9.com - Managed HA VDSs and Scalable grid solutions.
Habitual
Level 7
Level 7

Re: will there be a new DVD?[SOLVED]

Postby dante19992 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:11 am

that is what i do when im downloading the iso lolz :P well i hope they update the iso just for the users sake cuz i lost my install disc for LMDE and dont really wanna reinstall with the old kernel anyway (mainly cuz i get SO MANY issues with that kernel. missing sound effects annoying bug zapper sounds missing functions all that crap.

dante19992
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Open Discussion