LMDE-Gnome works for me.

Discuss non-support related topics related to LMDE.
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

LMDE-Gnome works for me.

Postby ajt007 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:49 pm

From my perspective the concerns about what will happen if and when the Linux Mint Standard Gnome desktop is no longer Ubuntu based but Debian based is Solved. I just reinstalled LMDE Gnome (fourth try). I upgraded using a Terminal “sudo apt-get install -f && sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade” and everything is perfect. Better than perfect. The LMDE Gnome desktop looks, works and includes the same features as the Mint 10 Gnome release. I still think the standard releases of Linux Mint has always worked (for me) much better then anything else. Moving from Linux Mint to LMDE is now not such a reach as both work the same. Thank you, Clem and everyone else involved. If it was not for Ubuntu I would not still be using Linux. If not for Linux Mint I would not still be using a Debian based system. We all need to thank Debian for all they do.

Moved to LMDE.
tdockery97
Forum Moderator
Acer Aspire Desktop PC - AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 5500+ 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 350 HDD, DVDRW
ajt007
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: LMDE-Gnome works for me.

Postby tdockery97 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:44 pm

It is nice, isn't it? LMDE has been praised by many a professional reviewer lately. :mrgreen:

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, 2.5GHZ A10-APU, Radeon HD 8650G
Registered Linux User #520972
tdockery97
Level 13
Level 13

Postby Dr.m0x on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:44 am

I"m in love with it. Initially I had some trouble adjusting as there were a couple of niggling bugs which were annoying me, but recent updates have resolved those for me. Now I can't imagine running ubuntu base again. This is much nicer, faster and less resource intensive.
Dr.m0x
Level 3
Level 3

Postby ajt007 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:41 am

tdockery97 wrote:It is nice, isn't it? LMDE has been praised by many a professional reviewer lately. :mrgreen:

Thanks for moving the post. I was not sure of the correct spot to post it. After my last install I had to check three times to make sure I installed LMDE and not the standard Gnome. :lol: That is how well it works. The screen resolution is just right and the speed is amazing. At this point I am not even thinking about installing the nvidia video driver that I think is correct. :D I may turn this desktop off and never use it. After all this I do not want to mess it up.
Acer Aspire Desktop PC - AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 5500+ 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 350 HDD, DVDRW
ajt007
Level 1
Level 1

Postby adolson on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:58 am

Dr.m0x wrote:I"m in love with it. Initially I had some trouble adjusting as there were a couple of niggling bugs which were annoying me, but recent updates have resolved those for me. Now I can't imagine running ubuntu base again. This is much nicer, faster and less resource intensive.

Ditto, and some important updates over vanilla Debian, and the nice Mint Menu. It's pretty great so far. :)
adolson
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Open Discussion