Thank You!

Discuss non-support related topics related to LMDE.
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Thank You!

Postby cooleric1234 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:54 pm

I just wanted to say thanks for implementing such a great idea. Being a home user I decided recently I really wanted to got to a rolling release distribution, I hate re-installing the OS every few months. But it seemed that rolling release inherently meant unstable and a pain to set up. LMDE with Update Packs has found a great niche in having a balance between stability and timely updates, along with using a rolling release and having a lot of pre-installed packages unavailable elsewhere.

Makes me wish I could do more to help out, it seems like a lot of this is done by Clem but hopefully I'm just ignorant of the team of people doing all this great stuff :) I need a modicum of stability so I don't think I'll be able to move to Incoming. I'm not a full software developer (just DSP code :) ) so I don't think I'll help that way. I guess I'll just have to donate!
cooleric1234
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Thank You!

Postby tdockery97 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:38 am

The inception of LMDE is the shining example that Clem listens to his team and we users. For a while many of us have desired to have a full Debian-based edition of Mint. In my humble opinion what we got far exceeded our expections.
Mint 16 Cinnamon
HP Pavilion 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, 2.5GHZ A10-APU, Radeon HD 8650G
Registered Linux User #520972
tdockery97
Level 13
Level 13

Return to Open Discussion