You have done a nice job I should say, and I would like to see this distribution succeed.
I downloaded the DVD of Mint Debian 6. The torrent was awfully slow and I think it is the reason why not many people are downloading.
I was just by myself and although I seeded, there appeared only one fellow who leeched for a while and then quit.
The CD version is not available for download, BTW.
The live Dvd is good. Very clean and snappy. I was so anxious to install it, which I did, but I don't know what I did wrong that I can't log in. My user name and password are not being recognized. I may have to do a fresh installation, I'm afraid.
It took me about 45 minutes to install. The Ubuntu-like (alternate) installer is very simple and fast. The packages being downloaded through the repos were something like 784 files. This requires a fast Internet connection, of course.Now some of my humble advise:
Since I would like this project to be as successful as Mint, I would like to contribute with some suggestions.
1) The project has to follow some rules as to the legal aspects, as Fred mentioned in his thread above.
2) Get Clem's advise. He is democratic enough to co-operate with anybody.
3) Win Mint's approval. You will do better in the end. A Mint community project has more of a chance to succeed.
4) To start something new by calling it Glacix or anything else would take a lot of work to convince people and win fans.
There are hundreds of new distributions out there and yours might have the fate of some others.
You will need a forum, dedicated servers and mirrors, sponsors, financial support etc.
It took Mint over two years of hard work to establish itself.
be another, separate project for you and the other creative fellows who would like to join.
5) As a final attempt to help, may I baptize Debian Mint as "Debimint CE".
Good luck to you and the team,HAPPY NEW YEAR!
npapEDIT A re-installation solved my login problem.
I am running Debian Mint now from my hard disk. Everything works like a charm. Refreshed mintInstall (it took some time).
All in all, this seems to be a good, working distribution. Will keep testing.