What's Going On Here?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

What's Going On Here?

Postby sarahmarienc on Thu May 07, 2009 9:47 am

I've been interested in this idea but was curious where this project stands. Can't really tell from the posts right now. Looks like some artwork is happening, but what else? Is there a plan for a new release any time soon? How did the first release go?
Be kind- edit your post topics to show they are solved and thank the people who helped. :)

"Microsoft asks us to imagine a world with no walls. Well then why would we need Windows?"
sarahmarienc
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: What's Going On Here?

Postby rivenathos on Thu May 07, 2009 11:25 am

Maybeway36 is still working on this, but I notice he is not posting much in the forums. I had a link to his Filefront storage space, but do not seem to have filed it properly. The combination of Debian Lenny + Mint Felicia ( Glacix ) works great, but it is still a work in progress. If you want to give it a whirl, I can testify that the last version I tested worked like a charm. Sadly, I had to remove it recently due to the need to test another distro, but I could have used Glacix as my main operating system with no problem. Yes, maybeway36 has done an excellent job, and I do look forward to testing out his future projects.
Debian 7 with GNOME 64-bit
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Postby sarahmarienc on Thu May 07, 2009 1:13 pm

rivenathos wrote:Maybeway36 is still working on this, but I notice he is not posting much in the forums. I had a link to his Filefront storage space, but do not seem to have filed it properly. The combination of Debian Lenny + Mint Felicia ( Glacix ) works great, but it is still a work in progress. If you want to give it a whirl, I can testify that the last version I tested worked like a charm. Sadly, I had to remove it recently due to the need to test another distro, but I could have used Glacix as my main operating system with no problem. Yes, maybeway36 has done an excellent job, and I do look forward to testing out his future projects.

Thanks for the fill-in. :) I will have to give it a whirl some time soon. I'm playing with 7RC1 right now.

-Sarah
Be kind- edit your post topics to show they are solved and thank the people who helped. :)

"Microsoft asks us to imagine a world with no walls. Well then why would we need Windows?"
sarahmarienc
Level 4
Level 4

Postby rivenathos on Thu May 07, 2009 1:42 pm

If you want to check out some of the latest files in the project, the link below should help:

http://hosted.filefront.com/maybeway36
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Postby maybeway36 on Thu May 07, 2009 6:18 pm

The working ISO has been removed from FileFront for some reason - for a second time. If anyone has somewhere they could host the ISO (it's 156MB) I would be grateful.
I'm not actively working on Glacix right now, but I'm keeping (trying to keep) it out there in case others want to try it out.
maybeway36
Level 3
Level 3

Postby psych1610 on Sat May 09, 2009 1:11 am

I can host the ISO for you I think, I'm pretty sure dream host would allow it. If not I have a dedicated server I think I could toss it on. Lets get it up somewhere. PM me?
psych1610
Level 3
Level 3

Postby maybeway36 on Tue May 12, 2009 6:31 pm

Here's a torrent:
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 31b71e9846
Right now, I'm the only one seeding this, so it will be very, very slow at first.

psych1610: If you could download the ISO from above and host it, that would be great.
maybeway36
Level 3
Level 3

Postby FrogDemon on Tue May 12, 2009 8:53 pm

I'll give it a run. At least help seed it once I get it. Well it seems it has no seeds and the 2 others who have leeched, are not giving anything up. A shame.
Release The Beast Within!!! Use Linux Mint!!!
FrogDemon
Level 2
Level 2

Postby FrogDemon on Wed May 13, 2009 7:26 pm

Says 3 seeders, am only seeing 1 and still not getting it. :(
Release The Beast Within!!! Use Linux Mint!!!
FrogDemon
Level 2
Level 2

Postby rivenathos on Fri May 15, 2009 4:08 pm

I am one of the three seeders. We are open for business! :D
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Postby Thomas on Fri May 15, 2009 8:41 pm

You may want to look here: http://www.geekconnection.org/remastersys/debian.html for a livecd and installer.
Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Zwopper on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:57 am

I'm seeding as well. :)
My artwork at deviantART | My Tweet
CREA DIEM!
Lenovo E320 | 8GB | 512GB Samsung 840 PRO - SSD | Ubuntu 14.04
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Postby houms on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:33 am

I would love to host the iso if needed. I have a site that i am willing to volunteer to use for this project, and the overall mint project as far as being a mirror site... I would love to get involved with this project.

Does anyone know if this debian mint version has a support for newer hardware( different kernel or stock lenny) anyway look forward to getting involved.
houms
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions