Deactivation of touchpad "kills" keyboard and mouse SOLVED

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Deactivation of touchpad "kills" keyboard and mouse SOLVED

Postby asymmetros on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Hello to everyone. While i was testing LMDE by using the livecd i notice the following problem:
(but before, let me explain that i have a hp laptop and this laptop has a button that deactivates touchpad each time you need do)

Now, i m launching the live cd, everything goes fine, till i press that button. Instantly, the keyboard freezes and does not respond at all. On the other hand, i can move mouse's cursor, i can use it to open any folder (or reboot my laptop, etc) but thats all. The cursor disappears when i try to focus inside a text editor, or a field -in anything you can write in it, i cannot even interfere with the panel by right-clicking on it, i can not use the scroll-down mint menu either.
So, by having no choice, i reboot the machine.

I faced this problem about five times in the row.
I m trying mouse-keyboard preferences through control center but till now, i didnt achieve anything by trying this.
Last edited by asymmetros on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sid Mint Xfce -32, Openbox, KDE, Enlightenment, Liquorix Kernel
HP Compaq Presario cq71, Intel Core 2 Duo T4400 @ 2.2 GHz, 3 GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia Geforce G 103M
asymmetros
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Deactivation of touchpad "kills" keyboard and mouse

Postby notty on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:25 pm

I have an HP also, same thing happens with Mint 9. I never looked into why it happens, I just try and not hit that button. :/
notty
Level 1
Level 1

Postby asymmetros on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:29 am

The strange thing is that it works flawlessly with Isadora. It happens only with LMDE. Very frustrating
HP Compaq Presario cq71, Intel Core 2 Duo T4400 @ 2.2 GHz, 3 GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia Geforce G 103M
asymmetros
Level 4
Level 4

Postby asymmetros on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Right now, touchpad works properly even if i deactivate it properly. It was not due to a solution i have found, though i tried. Most probably an update.
So, i mark this topic as solved :D
asymmetros
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions