Linux Mint Blog

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Linux Mint Blog

Post by tdockery97 »

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the Blog. Great write-up by Clem regarding LMDE and the current reviews published about it. Also further info on LMDE's direction.

It is so nice to hear the creator of Mint talking about what is good for us users rather than what is good for "the company".
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
markcynt

Re: Linux Mint Blog

Post by markcynt »

That was a great read. :)
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

pappfer

Post by pappfer »

tdockery97 wrote:It is so nice to hear the creator of Mint talking about what is good for us users rather than what is good for "the company".
Exactly! This is one of the main reasons I switched to Mint.

Although it's also good for them if it's good for us. :) But frankly they seem to care about us, about what we say, what we suggest. And I like it! ;)
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Me too. All the devs are very active and helpful on the forums here. I just used a script that Ikey put up to fix the font problem in LMDE and it works great. He didn't have to do that. In other distros you just have to wait until a fix comes in some future update. And I see Clem jump into discussions on here periodically as well. Really makes you feel like you belong to something good.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
gjringo

Post by gjringo »

Thank you, tdoc kery97, for expressing your enthusiasm, I find it encouraging and consequently come back here each day for new snippets of how to`s and other developments. I like how , if I can`t find an answer to a problem today, either because the solutions offered are more technical than I care to indulge in or they haven`t worked for me, then, more than likely, tomorrow finds an easy answer just jumping up at me.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

tdockery97 wrote:Me too. All the devs are very active and helpful on the forums here. I just used a script that Ikey put up to fix the font problem in LMDE and it works great. He didn't have to do that. In other distros you just have to wait until a fix comes in some future update. And I see Clem jump into discussions on here periodically as well. Really makes you feel like you belong to something good.
That's one of the main differences, yes! Here you see the Devs together with us solving problems, talking about this distro and others, sharing desktops screenies.
I believe we don't see this kind of connection anywhere else.

Return to “LMDE Archive”