Screen Lock Background Image - Where is it located?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Screen Lock Background Image - Where is it located?

Postby lakehousetech on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:09 pm

I know this is likely trivial, but I cannot find the background image that you see when you wake the computer up from being idle (when the screen is locked and you have to enter in your password to return to the desktop). It's the 'mint green' image that is similar to the one loaded in the grub menu. I want to modify/replace it with something a little less noisy. I've searched around a bit, but found nothing. A search of the images on the computer was also fruitless because I don't necessarily know what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance for any help a minter can give!
Wherever you go, there you are... - Buckaroo Banzai
http://www.lakehousetech.com
- Mint Debian
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Screen Lock Background Image - Where is it located?

Postby nevius on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:19 am

start the "gconf-editor" then go to /desktop/gnome/background and set the key picture_filename (and maybe the color) as default, using the context menu.

This should also affect the "lock screen" background after you logged out and in again.
nevius
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Screen Lock Background Image - Where is it located?

Postby lakehousetech on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:37 am

Definitely appreciate the help! Worked like a charm! I had searched for png's previously, as opposed to jpg. Doh!
Wherever you go, there you are... - Buckaroo Banzai
http://www.lakehousetech.com
- Mint Debian
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions