Screen Lock Background Image - Where is it located?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Screen Lock Background Image - Where is it located?

Post by lakehousetech »

I know this is likely trivial, but I cannot find the background image that you see when you wake the computer up from being idle (when the screen is locked and you have to enter in your password to return to the desktop). It's the 'mint green' image that is similar to the one loaded in the grub menu. I want to modify/replace it with something a little less noisy. I've searched around a bit, but found nothing. A search of the images on the computer was also fruitless because I don't necessarily know what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance for any help a minter can give!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nevius

Re: Screen Lock Background Image - Where is it located?

Post by nevius »

start the "gconf-editor" then go to /desktop/gnome/background and set the key picture_filename (and maybe the color) as default, using the context menu.

This should also affect the "lock screen" background after you logged out and in again.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Screen Lock Background Image - Where is it located?

Post by lakehousetech »

Definitely appreciate the help! Worked like a charm! I had searched for png's previously, as opposed to jpg. Doh!

Return to “LMDE Archive”