startpar: service.sh [ SOLVED .. Problem disappeared ]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

startpar: service.sh [ SOLVED .. Problem disappeared ]

Postby Dar-es-Salaam on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:03 am

hi

Sorry this should have read startpar. my screen resolution was wrong

i have recently installed LDME on my machine which is home built from ods and sods. it is running an amd xp 2100, 1gb of ram and 512mb graphics card.

on boot up i get tartpar: service sh.. failed appearing on the screen as it goes through its boot up routine. is it important and does it affect anything. the only thing that i can notice is that when i am trying to watch a video online it is very jerky. if it is not that how do i cure the jerky motion of the video. my online download speed is approx 7meg.

cheers

gordon
Last edited by Dar-es-Salaam on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers
Gordon :D

O/S. LMDE , Motherboard Asus A7N8X Delux , CPU AMD XP1500+ (1300Mhz) (overclocked running at 1866Mhz), Graphics Card GeForce Nvidia PNY 6200 (512 Meg), 2 40gig hard drives, 1 gig RAM
Dar-es-Salaam
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: tartpar: service.sh

Postby nevius on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:51 am

What type of graphics card do you have?

Your CPU is not particularly fast. Keep an eye on your CPU usage when you are watching a video. If it is maxed-out, then there's probably not much that can be done other than getting a faster computer.
nevius
Level 1
Level 1

Re: tartpar: service.sh

Postby Dar-es-Salaam on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:10 am

hi nevius.

thanks for the reply. my graphics card is an ati radeon 1600 512 meg card. apart from that what does tartpar do. i assume from your comment that it controls the graphics somehow, am i right.

cheers

Gordon
Cheers
Gordon :D

O/S. LMDE , Motherboard Asus A7N8X Delux , CPU AMD XP1500+ (1300Mhz) (overclocked running at 1866Mhz), Graphics Card GeForce Nvidia PNY 6200 (512 Meg), 2 40gig hard drives, 1 gig RAM
Dar-es-Salaam
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions