here's a tip!

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

here's a tip!

Postby darco on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:45 am

I have seen various issues from some individuals that dont seem to affect others. Well I had this issue that only affected me(?) but I was able to figure it out!
For some reason, whenever I tried to reboot using the Menu or the awn reboot applet, my pc would rarely reboot.It just sat there, I had to run the sudo reboot command.
It turns out, for me, it was the Open Office quick start option that appears in the task bar. Once I disabled it, my reboot issues went away!
Hope this helps someone!

darco
darco
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: here's a tip!

Postby allypink on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:36 am

darco wrote:I have seen various issues from some individuals that dont seem to affect others. Well I had this issue that only affected me(?) but I was able to figure it out!
For some reason, whenever I tried to reboot using the Menu or the awn reboot applet, my pc would rarely reboot.It just sat there, I had to run the sudo reboot command.
It turns out, for me, it was the Open Office quick start option that appears in the task bar. Once I disabled it, my reboot issues went away!
Hope this helps someone!

darco

This has been a problem upstream. Started for most in Karmic (mint9). Most folks know about it by now, but thanks for the reminder. :D
Desktop; DELL Optiplex Core 2 Quad 8GB RAM
Run Mint 17, 1TB WD black 7200 and Win 7 320GB WD black 7200 (gotta for work)
Also run other distros from a dock swaping out older HDDs for PLAY!!
A happy donor to the effort. If you use it...... DONATE!
allypink
Level 3
Level 3

Re: here's a tip!

Postby Kittum on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:54 pm

It was useful to me!

I have been happy using Mint 6 for so long that this issue never bugged me before.

Now it won't bug me again.

Thanks for the tip!
I did not like the looks from Vista and its sequel is an abuse of the number 7!
Kittum
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions