desktop help

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

desktop help

Postby ChromeMukuro on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:01 pm

upon trying to change desktop backgrounds, via right click- change desktop background, i ran into issues. the usual gnome frame that came up on mintbuntu was replaced with a (dysfunctional) thing (see attached photo)....

anyone know how to get this to work?

also, when i update anything to do with the desktop, i run into errors about shiki murrine gradients being an issue. something like....

Code: Select all
/usr/share/themes/Shiki-Wise/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:126: Murrine configuration option "gradients" is no longer supported and will be ignored.

help?
Attachments
gnome help.png
gnome help.png (64.95 KiB) Viewed 808 times

...don’t mourn your luck that’s failing now...
~The God Abandons Anthony
ChromeMukuro
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: desktop help

Postby mads on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:21 pm

ChromeMukuro wrote:also, when i update anything to do with the desktop, i run into errors about shiki murrine gradients being an issue. something like....

/usr/share/themes/Shiki-Wise/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:126: Murrine configuration option "gradients" is no longer supported and will be ignored.

Hi!

gksudo gedit /usr/share/themes/Shiki-Wise/gtk-2.0/gtkrc

Remove or comment out line 126 and save the file.
mads
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions