I want to destory my system with one click.......

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

I want to destory my system with one click.......

Postby specmod0 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:04 pm

I want to be able to destroy my system or delete my entire file system with one click without ever entering a password like i can on windows...... How do i set my account up so i have root rights the second i login? It would be much faster to fix a broken system then it is trying to figure out how to move one file to the other folder when you can't even login to the damn folder... whats the point of having a desktop interface when you can't even use the damn thing,
specmod0
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: I want to destory my system with one click.......

Postby unexistance on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:10 am

Hi,

You can login as root in GDM, but you need to set root password first from normal user (via sudo)

Regards,
:: Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved ::
unexistance
Level 5
Level 5

Postby viking777 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:24 am

specmod0 wrote:I want to be able to destroy my system or delete my entire file system with one click without ever entering a password like i can on windows...... How do i set my account up so i have root rights the second i login? It would be much faster to fix a broken system then it is trying to figure out how to move one file to the other folder when you can't even login to the damn folder... whats the point of having a desktop interface when you can't even use the damn thing,

:?: :?:
hammer1.jpg
hammer1.jpg (6.28 KiB) Viewed 949 times

:?: :?:
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Postby blowtorch on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:05 pm

specmod0 wrote:I want to be able to destroy my system or delete my entire file system with one click without ever entering a password like i can on windows...... How do i set my account up so i have root rights the second i login? It would be much faster to fix a broken system then it is trying to figure out how to move one file to the other folder when you can't even login to the damn folder... whats the point of having a desktop interface when you can't even use the damn thing,

You may want to refer to the other thread you started titled "ROOT" ... viewtopic.php?f=141&t=60872
blowtorch
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions