how to make touchpad zoom work?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

how to make touchpad zoom work?

Postby kuhitsu on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:47 pm

or is there any way to do it?
I mean, with Windows in this eeepc 1005HA was this nice fast zoom that work with anything, even with desktop :D... same as firefox ctrl+ +/- . it did work like two fingers and when I move fingers closer it zoom in and when i move finger from each it zoom out.

hopefully someone understand / know what I'm talking about.

that would be nice to get working.. after that.. well.. my LMDE would be perfect :D
kuhitsu
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: how to make touchpad zoom work?

Postby stz*j on Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:13 am

Hi there! I understand you perfectly. :D

Try looking at this page: http://randomtruth.110mb.com/blog/index ... -released/ and see if it helps. This is by far the most hopeful info I can find to get pinch zoom working.

Well, it didn't work for me though, but you could try it and see what happens. I ended up with an annoying SHMconfig disabled thingy...

As a side note. What's your touchpad model?
LMDE (Release 1), tracking debian testing, Kernel 3.14.1-686-pae i686 (32 bit), MATE & Enlightenment;
Plays (and rescues system) with experimental and sid repos on another partition with Cinnamon & Gnome3, if grub boots nice that is.
stz*j
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Newbie Questions