Hulu Desktop Problem [SOLVED]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Hulu Desktop Problem [SOLVED]

Postby Scorpio_Snake on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:37 am

I installed Hulu Desktop on my netbook. Everything was running fine until I was using Hulu Desktop and unplugged my netbook to move to another room. The power saving kicked in and put it to sleep (or whatever it does). When I get it back up Hulu Desktop is HUGE! Now every time I try to bring it up, it comes up HUGE. I have tried editing the config file but that does not seem to help as everytime I start Hulu Desktop it is defaulting to a much bigger resolution, changing what I put in the config file. Anyone have any ideas to help me out?
Last edited by Scorpio_Snake on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpio_Snake
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Hulu Desktop Problem

Postby TheGreatSudoku on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:54 am

might be a bit drastic, but what I tend to do when an application won't respond is delete the config files.

From a terminal:

Code: Select all
rm ~/.huludesktop

if that doesn't work, try
rm ~/.local/share/.huludesktop.data

if it still persists I'd use synaptic to do a "complete removal" of huludesktop and flash.
then from a terminal
locate hulu

and delete any residual files that missed Synaptic's sweep.
then re-install flash and huludestop
↯Acer Aspire 7730 17" laptop ↝ Intel Core Duo 2.00Ghz x2  4gig DDR2 RAM ⤗ Intel Mobile 4 Graphics ➫ Kernel: 3.2.0-14-liquorix ZEN SMP PREEMPT x86_64  Linux Mint Debian Edition using Sid Repositories ⇨ KDE 4.7.4 ⟿ Installed: 11/23/2010↯
TheGreatSudoku
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Hulu Desktop Problem

Postby Scorpio_Snake on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:53 am

I deleted .huludesktop and that seemed to solve the problem. I am not sure why editing the file would not work, but it works now. Thank you.
Scorpio_Snake
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions