How do I install Libimobile 1.0.4 on LMDE

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

How do I install Libimobile 1.0.4 on LMDE

Postby jsteele31 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Hey guys since the IPhone update the old version of LibiMobile offered in LMDE no longer works. They have a new version on the website but it compiling it doesn't work. Is there any tutorials available on how to install the new version on LMDE???
jsteele31
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How do I install Libimobile 1.0.4 on LMDE

Postby mads on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi jsteele31!

Version 1.0.4 is in Debian experimental: http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&keywords=libimobiledevice
So, I guess you should change apt repositories from "testing" (default in LMDE) to "experimental" and do a sudo apt-get update. Then upgrade LibiMobile from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4, and change apt repositories back to "testing".

I am sure there are better ways to approach this, but I am also new to Debian/LMDE.
mads
Level 6
Level 6

Postby tdockery97 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:41 pm

mads wrote:Hi jsteele31!

Version 1.0.4 is in Debian experimental: http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&keywords=libimobiledevice
So, I guess you should change apt repositories from "testing" (default in LMDE) to "experimental" and do a sudo apt-get update. Then upgrade LibiMobile from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4, and change apt repositories back to "testing".

I am sure there are better ways to approach this, but I am also new to Debian/LMDE.

Your method works fine. I've used it many times in the past.

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, 2.5GHZ A10-APU, Radeon HD 8650G
tdockery97
Level 13
Level 13

Postby mads on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:57 pm

tdockery97 wrote:Your method works fine. I've used it many times in the past.

tdockery97, thanks a lot for this.

Good to know that this method works. I have actually never tried it myself.
mads
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions