sound stops (only) in movie player after some seconds

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

sound stops (only) in movie player after some seconds

Postby lacoona on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi,

I've started having sound problem with LMDE after some updates (list was too long to remember what were the updates about).
The problem is that in several movie players the sound just stops after some seconds and the video freezes for ~1second. After that it continues to play without any sound. If I close the program and reopen the program and the file, it has sound again for some seconds.
Flash videos and music play without any problems.

Here's what I tried:
-initially I thought Pulseaudio is the guilty one, so I purged it. No luck, it happens with alsa too.
-tried to uninstall flash plugin as I found some information that flash and normal sound might lead to problems. No luck with this one either.

Till now I had no such problems, it is very annoying as the other sound related things work correctly.
This is the sound card: 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

Any ideas are appreciated.
I tried to search in the topics, but could not find either this exact problem or a proper solution.

thanks, lacoona
lacoona
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions